Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ain't we cute?

A week ago, Tyson and I took engagement photos.

Now, before you get all up in arms, no, we are not getting married. Nothing of the sort.

Really what this comes down to is that Tyson trolls Craigslist for free things to do in Paris, and one day he discovered an ad looking for models for a photography workshop. Jay Reilly and Victor Sizemore, both California photographers, were organizing a Parisian photography workshop, and they were looking for a couple to take mock engagement photos, a woman in a wedding dress, and a couple in schmancy clothes (meaning wedding gear). Tyson and I served as the first in this list, and so a week ago, donning our "funky" clothes, we met up with Jay, Victor, and six other photographers (2 of whom shared my name, weirdly enough) to walk through Paris being posed, directed, and photographed incessantly. All of the participants were incredibly nice, and it was really fun to feel like a celebrity for a day, followed around by the flash bulbs of a horde of paparazzi.

Tyson and I, in return for our supreme modeling skills, will get copies of all of Jay and Victor's photos, but so far, we've just seen a few. They are included here for you guys to admire. I'm still not used to my über-short hair, so they were a bit of a shock to me, but as you can see Jay (who took these) really knows what he's doing. So if anyone's in the market for fancy pictures back in CA, I can say that Jay and Victor were both great to work with. And if, for some reason, you're in the market for photos in Lyon, here's the beautiful site of one of the other photographers on the shoot (the only one whose site I know).




2 comments:

Bowen said...

DON'T GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK LIKE THAT.

But once we get past that - SUPER CUTE! Especially the middle and left bottom ones. I have one of Brett and I on a bench just like that from our engagement photos! Perhaps we should start an installation.

Also I actually caught myself thinking this morning while I got dressed: "Could I wear this in Paris?" I'm already preparing ...

Love you!

Unknown said...

So cute. God, I want to put you guys in the top drawer of my dresser alongside every other cute thing I've witnessed in my life. Needless to say, my drawer is pretty full.